HARDING UNIVERSITY BOOKSTORE
|Buyer Takes Books Immediately||X|
|Used Books Stay on your
|Buyback Dates and Times : SPRING and FALL
Spring 2021 buyback dates are not yet determined.
Finals Week of Spring and Fall Semesters:
|Bookstore Buyback Policy|
Our policy is to buy every book we can, offering you as much as we can. We hope the following information will explain how the process works.
1. Books that have been ordered by professors for the next term and are needed for store inventory will be bought by the bookstore at 1/2 of the New price if bought New OR 1/2 of the Used Price if bought used during the end of term buybacks. (Textbooks needed for the spring term are purchased during finals week in December. Textbooks needed for the summer and fall terms are purchased during finals week in May.)
2. The quantity of books needed for any given class varies from term to term. The bookstore will only buy back the quantity needed for the upcoming term.
3. A wholesale value, if one exists, will be offered for books not needed by the bookstore. The wholesale value is determined by the national demand for each book.
4. Some books, such as books that have been replaced with a new edition, no longer have resale value and cannot be purchased.
5. Damaged books, or books in poor condition will not be bought. This includes books with missing or loose pages, missing CDs, broken bindings, water damage, or excessive writing.
6. Professors determine which books are used for classes and are responsible for notifying the bookstore of their book selections so this information can be used for purchasing decisions at buyback time.
Buyback will take place in the Hammon Student Center on the second floor in the east hallway.
Harding photo ID required.